- Please note that we do have school Friday, Jan. 17 (making up a hurricane day from last fall). We do not have school Monday, Jan. 20 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- Our Chili Cook-off and Re-enrollment Night is Thursday, Jan. 16 at 6:30 p.m. While your 8th grader will be graduating, this is a great time to tell a friend or neighbor about Grace!
- PTL will be organizing a new event, Booster-a-thon (a run-walk), on Friday, Jan. 31. Stay tuned for details as it gets closer.
- Students will be taking MAP winter testing next week in Language Arts and Math.
- Students cleaned out desk and lockers this morning. They also noted in their planners if they are short on any supplies that need restocking for the new semester, so hopefully they will share that information with you soon.
Quarter 3 Housekeeping Items
- Category: 8th Grade
8th Grade Home
Welcome to Mrs. Jaeger's Webpage!
Our theme verse this year is about going Forward in Faith, trusting God for directions along life's path: "...for we walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7).
This is an extension of last year's emphasis on being Connected to Christ and Connected to Community. Our middle school students connect to Christ as they study and memorize the Scriptures in Religion class and Middle School Bible Study, and as they praise Him during Chapel and Middle School devotions.
Students connect to the Grace community through our Chapel Buddies program, where older students are paired with four-year-old students for chapel and other buddy-bonding activities. Students build relationships through after-school clubs such as Russian Club and Cooking Club. They learn teamwork through playing on our golf, volleyball, soccer, cross-country, basketball, cheer, and track teams. They build relationships on class trips.
Grace parents connect to our community through cheering on our sports teams together, chaperoning field trips, worshipping at chapel, and more!
Grace graduates connect to area high schools, arriving 100 percent prepared for the transition to high school. While at Grace, students develop study skills, note-taking skills, writing skills, and a well-rounded academic foundation that will allow them to succeed at the next level at the school of their choosing.
I am cheering for my students and their families along this journey! I am ready and willing to guide students as they learn and grow, clearing roadblocks and soothing sore spirits. I love teaching middle schoolers because they bring energy to the classroom.
As I seek to teach children, I am always mindful that I am praying for the Lord to teach me, too. “Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long” (Psalm 25:4-5).
May God bless us as we encourage each other to stay Connected while moving Forward in Faith this school year!
Parent Resources: Below are links to documents that have links to numerous articles on these topics.
Below are folders for shared documents for each of my classes.
Language Arts (link to folder)
Social Studies (link to folder)
Religion (link to folder)